Before You Board:
If you're a first time cruiser, or haven't been on a cruise recently, you may find this section to be helpful! Check out Royal Caribbean's list of things you should know before you board the ship!
- For the first day of your cruise, pack a small carry-on bag with your travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, workout clothes and any medications you may need. That way you don't have to wait for your checked bags to arrive in your stateroom.
- If you've never been to the departure port before, you can find and print directions here. If you book a transfer with us, we'll make sure you get to the pier!
- Guests are requested to complete Online Check-In no later than three days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process.
- Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. This supports government regulations in some ports that require cruise lines to submit a departure manifest 90 minutes prior to sailing.
*Some sailings may require an earlier check-in time. Please refer to your Guest Vacation Documents for specific information.
- Friends and relatives are welcome to come to the pier to see you off. However, for security reasons, they will not be allowed to board the ship at any port or enter the terminal in some ports.
- We now use single-color luggage tags for all ships in the fleet to help your bags get where they need to go. Luggage tags are now personalized with name and stateroom number. Tags for different ships are identified by bolded ship name for ease of identification. You can order luggage tags up to two weeks prior to sailing.
- If you're a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member of our Crown & Anchor Society, be sure to take advantage of priority check-in.
- When you first come aboard, be sure to check out your stateroom. There you'll find our Cruise Compass with schedules for all the onboard activities. Crown & Anchor Society members will also find the Ultimate Value Booklet in their stateroom.
- If you're traveling with family, be sure to check the Cruise Compass for the "Family Welcome Aboard Show" times. This entertaining performance will tell you all about the activities available for families and includes registration for our Adventure Ocean Youth Program.
- If the spa or fitness classes are your thing, try to make your appointments on the first day, as the most popular treatments and times fill up fast.
- Quench your thirst onboard with a beverage package. The ultimate in convenience and value, pay one set price and enjoy a vacation of endless refreshment.